This is a brief summary of The Sacred Days of Yule Spread.
Since the actual sickle of the Seven of Pentacles came out at the end, my focus will be on the practical aspects of the spread, or how can I use the messages of the cards/the spread practically – to the extent that this is possible?
I drew 5 Majors: World, Rebirth, Justice, The High Priestess and The Lord
1 Sword (Princess)
3 Cups (Prince, Ace, Queen)
3 Pentacles (King, Five, Seven)
This seems to be about obtaining a balance between the emotional, intutitive, irrational, feminine powers on one side, and masculine, rational, structural and protective powers on the other.
I have the feeling that I should use the latter to protect my path towards and my work with the former. There is no wands. No Fire. Except from the Lord if we say that he is elementally connected with Fire.
So this about the equilibrium between rational and irrational and about connecting with earth (grounding) in order to flow (creatively, spiritually and intuitively). The last card most of all reminded me to use this in a down to earth, concrete manner.
So let’s see – what the cards could be telling me – about this aspect:
1. Prince of Cups: Keep up my interest in dreams, especially be aware of the male figures in them.
2. World: Allow my light to shine, and other’s as well. Do not envy.
3. Rebirth: Accept my calling, take steps to follow it.
4. Justice: Decide that this is my path. Be fair towards my self and others.
5. Princess of Swords: Cool it. Be calm, distanced and objective whenever appropriate and possible.
6. High Priestess: I did what first came to mind; started reading Women who run with wolwes.
7. King of Pentacles: Be mild, trustworthy and generous, yet strict if the situation demands it.
8. Ace of Cups: Dive in (actually I first wrote “divine in”) – accept my true source of power and energy.
9. Queen Of Cups: Nurture myself to allow myself to open up to this source.
10. 5 of Pentacles: Don’t worry.
11. The Lord: Define boundaries, limits and structures to create space, time and energy (for example by working less).
12. 7 of Pentacles: Be practical, be concrete.
Actually, it’s like the whole spread is saying “Do something about it, come on, you can do it” or simply: “Just do it”.
What is it then, that I should just do?
I think it is Writing. Funny then, that there are no Wands, but I guess, it lies in the Ace of Cups; it is all there. All anyone can ever need of inspiration, creativity and love. The gifts of the Goddess.